How it Works
Surprisingly, the most dangerous mosquitoes live among us and are very difficult to eradicate. To effectively remove them from inside and around your home, just add water to our mosquito traps and place them where mosquitoes are most commonly found. The traps mimic what attracts mosquitoes in nature; by attracting mosquitoes to a stagnant water source. At STUCK® we truly believe that a simple, yet effective mosquito trap can be the difference you need to protect you and your family from the transmission of mosquito-borne illnesses.
Did you know that only female mosquitoes bite? The STUCK® Mosquito Traps are designed to attract female and male mosquitoes to a stagnant water source. They find our traps to be the perfect environment for shelter or to deposit eggs. Our traps are simple, effective and easy-to-use. The trap operates without the use of pesticides, harmful chemicals, or electricity. Simply put, we've created something that mosquitoes are naturally attracted to, so all you have to do is add water and let the trap do the work.
A Simple Design
The STUCK® Mosquito Trap design is constructed of three main parts and when put together, create an artificial oviposit site that attracts mosquitoes.
Note: All three components need to be used for maximum effectiveness
The Water Reservoir
Molded from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), giving you a long-lasting product without emitting harmful chemicals during its production.
The Double-Sided Sticky Screen
Made with non-toxic ingredients, the double-sided sticky screen is the piece that captures, and kills the mosquitoes.
The Protective Lid
Protects hands, paws and various weather elements from reaching the sticky screen.
Watch a short video showing how to assemble your STUCK® trap!
- Add tap water to the reservoir, filling to the "Max" line.
- For outdoor traps fill until reservoir is about 3/4 full
- Open the sticky screen packaging and carefully remove one screen, grasping the sides of the screen, and set into place over the top of the open reservoir.
- With the screen on the reservoir, put the protective lid on top, snapping it into place.
- Set the trap on a flat surface where mosquitoes are present; such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry areas, garages, or bedrooms. Avoid areas within reach of children and pets, or high traffic areas.
- For outdoor traps place in the ground (be sure to connect anchoring spike, provided in package) or in planters around your property. We recommend using 5 or more traps around a quarter-acre lot.
- Routinely check the trap, adding water directly through screen as needed. Replace screen when full.
Mosquito Protection & Prevention at Home
What you can do to protect against mosquitoes in addition to using STUCK® traps:
1. Use EPA-registered mosquito repellents such as DEET, Picaridin, or lemon eucalyptus sprays.